THE ONLINE BALKAN PHYSICS OLYMPIAD – BPO3
25 September 2021
Based on an initiative of the Balkan Physics Union Council taken in 2018, the first edition of a new competition in Physics addressed to the high school students was launched in 2019: the Balkan Physics Olympiad – BPO. The first edition was held in Thessaloniki (Greece) in July 2019, the second one was held in Craiova (Romania) 2020, but was held ONLINE, organized by The University of Craiova (Romania).
The 3rd BPO contest will be held ONLINE, September 25, 2021.
The main organizer will be The Union of Physicist in Bulgaria, Bulgaria. This edition of BPO will be also held under the auspices of the Balkan Physical Union (BPU) and the European Physical Society (EPS).
DETAILS ON THE ONLINE ORGANIZATION
- Taking into account the situation generated by the COVID pandemic, the 2021 edition of BPO will be an online competition.
- Each country will be represented by a team composed by up to 4 high school students, born after January 1st, 2004.
- The BPU member countries can officially participate in the contest: Albania, Bulgaria, Cyprus, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Greece, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Serbia and Turkey. Other countries may also be invited as guest countries.
- The contest will consist in a unique test with 4 problems.
PLEASE CONSIDER SOME IMPORTANT DATES:
- June 27th, 2021 –Scientific committee to be announced.
- July 9th, 2021 – Societies to announce if they will take part in BPO3.
- August 27th, 2021 – Team leaders and deputy leaders to be announced.
- September 10th, 2021 – Team members’ names and necessary data to be sent to the organizers.